I’ve been swapping up a small storm to get over the post-holiday crafting doldrums. Here are some fingerless gloves I made from the arms of a felted sweater. These sewed up in about ten minutes, including the heart applique, which is awesome. Of course, I could have just made them without any sewing… but they needed to be a bit snugger. I like them! Wish I could have kept them, but I think the swap recipient was pleased.
Fingerless Gloves from Felted Sweater
- Stick your arm in the sleeve of a felted wool sweater and decide how long you want your gloves to be.
- Cut off at determined point.
- Cut small hole in seam of sweater for thumb hole. Either stop here, or…
- Embellish as desired. I actually cut my gloves open at the top so I could machine-stitch the heart applique on. When I was done with that, I stitched them back up.
- If you want to make fit of gloves snugger, sew a seam from the thumb hole down to the bottom of the glove. To determine this point, you can try the gloves on inside-out and then pinch the gap in the gloves together at the bottom and pin at that point.