As a busy mom of three little boys, I don’t always have time to do my hair. (Like, never, actually! I try to sneak in sessions with my flatiron while the boys are distracted with a cartoon… IF I have to leave the house. If I don’t, my hair looks like the bus driver from South Park’s… i.e., bird’s nest. Hmm, a bird’s nest headband sounds kind of cute and funny, actually!) I think I need some headband action to disguise my less-than-perfect hair!
Notes from a very red kitchen just hosted a Headband Tutorial Roundup, and there were some super headbands represented!
The roundup was full of inspiration, but this rose and pearl headband by Whitney was one of my favorites. The grey roses are pretty – and grey is such an elegant and unexpected color choice for roses!
This scrappy leather headband by Missie Krissie is super cute, too! I love the texture of the different leathers used for the leaves. I have a few leather garments I’ve purchased at the Goodwill bins ($.99 a pound!) that would work well for this!
Other Headband Resources:
- I loved this Braided Headband tutorial when I saw it a few months ago, by Cakies (shown above)
- I loooved this yarn braided headband when I saw it a few months ago at EvaForeva (don’t you just LOVE the styling of the pic, too?)
- Holly has a bunch of ways to bust your stash by making cute headbands at Art, Meet Craft
- I like this lovebird headband at Crafty Bitch.
- Calico has a very pretty, streamlined bow headband tutorial (very preppy – just my style!)
- This vintage applique headband at Ruffled is just gorgeous!
- Cheeky embroidered buckle headband at Dollar Store Crafts
- A Little Great has a pretty (felt) peacock feather headband tutorial
- Unique rolled felt headband at Blue Cricket Designs
- How about this pretty recycled t-shirt headband over at Zakka Life? (She always has the BEST ideas!)
- You have to see this recycled CD headband at Cut Out + Keep!
- Anthro-inspired roses headband at Rae Gun Ramblings [via Momsational]