Brandy at Gluesticks has been playing around with making different types of home-made candy. Apparently homemade rock candy is incredibly easy to make. There are many variations and links online to help you along the way, but thankfully she shared her version of a successful recipe.
- Sugar (lots of sugar), on hand or up to $5
- Water, on hand
- Food Coloring, on hand or up to $2
- Bamboo Skewers, on hand or $1
- Funnel, on hand or $1
- Jars or Glass Cups, on hand
- Clothespins, on hand or $1
Total cost: Free or up to $10
After following her instructions, just wait 7 days, and voila! She had a great time watching them grow and sampling the finished product. She did not add any flavorings to hers, just sugar and water, but it might be fun to try that sometime.